Honey Bee Facts
Honey bee facts: Bees are very smart creatures and are benificial to our food source. Worker honey bees pollinate our food at farms as well as flowers. As a result farmers end up with more food source to send to our grocerey stores. In conclusion we need our honey bees to survive.
Honey Bee Facts
- Honey bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- One bee has to fly about 90,000 miles to conclude making one pound of honey.
- The average bee will make only 1.5 teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- A honey bee visits 50-100 flowers each trip.
- A honey bee can fly for up to 6 miles, and as fast as 15 miles per hour.
- A bee’s brain is oval in shape and about the size of a sesame seed, yet it has a remarkable capacity to learn.
- Honey bees communicate with one another by dancing.
- A colony of bees consists of 20,000-60,000 honey bees and one queen. Worker honey bees are female, live for about 6 weeks and do all the work.
- The queen bee can live up to 5 years and is the only bee that lays eggs. She is the busiest in the summer months, when the hive needs to be at its maximum strength, and lays up to 2500 eggs per day.
- Larger than the worker bees, the male honey bees (also called drones), have no stinger and do not work. All they do is mate.
- Honey Bee Removal
- Yellow Jacket Removal
- Wasp Removal
- Ground Bee Removal
- Colony Collapse Disorder
- Swarm of Bees
- Identify Your Bee
- The Honey Bee
- Cost of Bee Removal
- Honey Bee Information
- Bee Control Services
- Killer Bees
Honey Bee Removals from roofs, walls, trees, the ground, ANYWHERE! All removals done from walls, roofs, and floor spaces are repaired by a licensed builder of more than 20 years. Ultimately putting your home in good hands! Another great reason to choose FirstChoice is because customers are also left with a one year warranty!! Quotes in less than 5 minutes! 855-269-2337